Sunday, June 13, 2004

Erin finally did it.

Today was a good day in church. Erin Haven who was a year younger than Patrick has finally gotten his degree in EE from Lawrence tech. I was able to present him with a gift from the church and pick on him a little. I made the observation that Patrick had gotten his degree plus one year in law school and has served four years in the Army in the same amount of time. I have known Erin (female name for male person)married before Patrick (one of the reasons he got slowed down in school)since he was born. His dad Doug was a close friend of mine and fellow leader in church. We lost Doug to cancer about 10 years ago. Erin was 16. I look at him like a son and want to be a grandfather figure to Jonathon his son. Erin is very devout and I see him as a elder of the church some day.