Monday, June 21, 2004

Spaghetti Fund Raiser

Funny the relevance of things. At Calvary Christian Church we have as our V.B.S. mission project this year Rock Lake Christian Assembly which is a camp for youth and other church functions. One of our local restaurants "Fazoli's" allows different charitable organizations to run fund raiser. They provide the food we provide the eaters. For $4.49 you can get 'all you can eat' spaghetti dinner. With a drink and tax it runs $6.07. Out of this we get $1.00 per meal. I bought 4 dinners. Total bill $24.28. If I stayed home and ate I could have given the $24.28 and this would have been tax deductible. As it is the camp will get $4.00. I also worked one hour as others did; busing tables, handing out literature, stickers etc. Well, we have to eat and the food is well worth the money, regardless that I am on a low carb diet. Who makes out? Everyone. While I was at the door, I made too good contacts for prospective new members, the camp will get extra money, Fazoli's made more profit by people coming to dinner who probably wouldn't have, and two of my granddaughters got a good experience.